Welcome to Business Wednesday no.5.
Continuation on choosing the best location for your business. Today main street location pros and cons.
Main street advantages:
- Ease of public access,
- Walk in traffic,
- Higher visibility,
- More respectability,
- More signs, front window displays etc.,
- When you’re closed, you’re closed. Nobody knocking on your door on your day off and after hours,
- More usable space than average home.
Main street disadvantages:
- Expensive (more than home business, less than shopping mall, in general),
- Two rents to pay your home/apartment and your business on the main street (unless you are a lucky owner of your place),
- Time and cost of travelling,
- Parking can be a problem.
- No kids at work (so additional money for Nanny or dropping them off to grandparents – time and cost of travelling again! Unless you are creative parents and you design small playground space for your Little Ones).
- If this is photography studio business then must be managed during regular business hours requiring at least two people most of the time (one shoot, one to be a receptionist).
Having more ideas? Share your thoughts and experience!
P.S. How about Business Wednesdays as a video ?
You can vote what is better to read or to watch…
Have a great happy day! 😉
(All e-cards are made By Niki)